Wednesday 11 January 2017

MY BILLS..

I received called for an authorised bill collecting agency of a telco informing me that I have defaulted my repayment for the bill in November 2016..and needed to pay $243.60 inclusive penalty charges. Now is January 2017 - they waited for 2 months to call me to inform such news??? Hmmm..I am wondering what's going on here..If I have missed that November's repayment, shouldn't they call me up in December 2016??? The best part is that I made repayment for the month of November 2016 earlier - on 28 October 2016.

MY AGREEMENT WITH TELCO
$100 on every 1st of every month with effect from 1 August 2016 without any interest as I have terminated the contract. If I make another repayment of the same amount on a later date in the same month, that repayment is meant for the next following month as I might not be free to make payment on 1st of the following month so, I made repayment in advance. It was agreed and noted by the telco representative.

My closest pal who is a debt collector informed that such payment is considered as payment for the month of October 2016 and not November 2016..I was like - WHAT??? If I made repayment of the said amount twice the month which in my case, it was on 1st and 28th of October 2016, it is only by rights - the another repayment (on 28 October 2016) should be meant for the next following month which is November 2016. I did not defaulted any repayments so far..Whether I only left with $100 in my purse or not, I still proceeded with the repayment..even if it caused me to skip lunch or bring my own foods for lunch..My debt always come first in my budget.

Luckily, I did not get HEART ATTACK upon receiving that phonecall and luckily too, I kept all receipts in file!