Monday 5 December 2016

SHOPKEEPER ASKED ME..

Few weeks ago, one of the shopkeepers who works in a mini mart nearby my place approached me..She said,"Your mother said that you do not want to marry..Why??"..There I was laughing at her..What a question! Ok..Ok..Be serious..especially when she started to stare sharp at me..

I responded,"I told myself that if I do not get married by age of 39; with effect from my age of 40, I do not want to get married..I do not need a husband and a marriage..I just need to be happy as an unmarried person..I just want to live my life at the fullest..What's the point of crying over the fact that I was not born to be anyone's MRS..Be happy..Embrace the freedom..Enjoy what life throws at me..It is not a sin being unmarried..Not even a crime for choosing to stay unmarried..So I am now 42 years old..I do not want to get married..I just want to enjoy my singlehood..As long as I do not intrude in others' life, I think I am good.."..

She was shocked to hear my reply..Then, she prompted another question,"Do you have any special boyfriend??"...Again I laughed..Gosh! This girl never gives up indeed..

I responded,"I have alot of friends..but no special specific boyfriend..bcoz I have no time to entertain and handle a man..I am quite busy when I have a job.. I also always trying to learn something by taking up all sorts of courses..I have no time to go out on date - watch movie, dinner or just have fun with a boyfriend..I am always well-occupied with my girlfriends who are either married or widowed or divorced or unmarried like..When I am earning some money, I save some for my overseas trip..once I have enough, I book my accomodation, flight and off I go..I travel alone and I am satisfied with such arrangement..I do not need to tolerate any divas or dictator's attitudes..I travel at my own pace..at my own expenses..I have all the freedom in life..I can spend all my money without having to think about children's schooling expenses..My money, my rule..My life, my rule..I don't disturb anyone, no one should disturb me.."..

She nodded, smiled and asked another question, "Don't you feel lonely being unmarried..no boyfriend..??? Should be lonely, right??"...

I laughed and responded,"I do not feel lonely as long as I have GOD..No one should feels lonely if s/he believes in the existence of GOD..So, what's there to be lonely about??? I do not feel lonely also bcoz I am too fully occupied by my work, studies, girlfriends and travelling overseas..I have no time to sit down and mourn my shortage..not having a husband, a marriage and children..I just accept what's meant for me..what's written by GOD to be my life..So, don't worry..Be happy.."...

Lastly, she commented,"Sis..I really salute your way of thinking..how you lead your life even without a spouse..Very positive..Very inspiring..Very motivating..What you said are all true..What matters the most that you are happy in life.."..

I just smiled and responded,"Indeed..Don't cry or mourn or be miserable for what others are having which you are not getting..Just be thankful..be appreciative for all that you have which most of the times many are not having in life and wishing they can be you.."..

That shopkeeper approached my mom and commented,"Aunty, seriously she is like what you said..She does not want to get married..At first I thought you were either joking or prevent her from getting married..Talking to her made me realised - She is for real..Aunty, what she works as??"..

My mom responded,"I told you..This daughter of mine is so different from my other children..She works with lawyers..as secretary..but she always talk like a lawyer at home when disagreed with me..Many guys did commented that she's too strong-willed and too independent which those guys found no reason for her to need a husband in life anyway..To me, she's a bit egoistic and daring..she speaks her mind out loud..that scare most guys away...I saw that when she started to date during her teens.."...

That shopkeeper commented,"That's why she knows what she's doing in life..She works with lawyers..hehehehehe..She must be clever hor.."..

My mom commented,"She was an average student actually..not genius like her siblings..but after working with lawyers, she behaving like one..I don't know where she got the smartness...but nowadays, she's smart and a genius..That's what I see in her..Ben is following her footsteps..hehehehehehe"...